MAKE IT VEGETARIAN
Omit the tuna and double the snap peas, then add 1 cup shelled edamame and 8 oz crumbled feta cheese. Serve in lettuce leaves or toss with salad greens.
- Prep Time:
- 25 mins
- Total Time:
- 25 mins
- 1 bulb fennel (plus 2 tbsp. fennel fronds)
- 1/4 c. lemon juice (from 1 to 2 lemons)
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 12 oz. can solid white tuna in water, rinsed
- 1/2 c. pitted Kalamata olives (about 18) chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. snap peas, roughly chopped
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves separated
- Step 1Halve, core, and very thinly slice the fennel and transfer to a medium bowl. Add 2 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and toss to combine. Let sit for at least ten minutes or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Step 2In a medium bowl, toss together the chickpeas, tuna, olives, scallions, snap peas, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fennel fronds, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper; fold in the fennel and any juices accumulated in the bowl.
- Step 3Arrange the lettuce on plates or a platter and spoon the tuna mixture on top.
60 Easy July 4th Recipes for a Tasty Celebration
20 Best 4th of July Menu Ideas for Every Crowd
27 Refreshing Summer Soup Recipes
71 Easy Picnic Food Ideas Everyone Will Enjoy