Did you make this recipe? Comment below!
With toasted nuts and buttery caramel, this classic brittle is everything we want in a candy. Plus, it doubles as a gift!
- Total Time:
- 45 mins
cooking spray, if needed
- 2 c.
- 1/2 c.
light corn syrup
- 1/2 c.
(1 stick) unsalted butter
Canola oil, for greasing
- 1/2 tsp.
- 2 1/2 c.
roasted salted almonds (12.5 oz)
Fleur de sel or crushed Maldon sea salt
- Step 1Line large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil (or line with foil and coat with cooking spray).
- Step 2In large, heavy saucepan fitted with candy thermometer, combine sugar, corn syrup, butter, and water. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil until sugar melts, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until caramel is light brown and thermometer registers 300°F, 25 to 30 minutes (test consistency by dropping a small amount into ice water and checking that it forms a hard, brittle strand).
- Step 3Meanwhile, lightly oil back of wooden spoon and set aside.
- Step 4Remove saucepan from heat and, with silicone spatula, stir in baking soda (mixture will bubble). Stir in almonds, then immediately scrape brittle mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Using oiled spoon, quickly spread brittle into thin, even layer, then sprinkle with salt.
- Step 5Let cool completely. Break into shards and serve or store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.
Stone Fruit and Berry Galette
Hot-Air Balloon Cookie Pops
60 Easy July 4th Recipes for a Tasty Celebration
20 Best 4th of July Menu Ideas for Every Crowd