Bread isn't often the star of the holiday meal, but these Cheddar-Scallion Parker House Rolls are here to change that. Bursting with melty Happy Farms Shredded Cheddar Cheese from ALDI and fresh scallions, these fluffy, flavorful rolls are sure to garner plenty of attention. Just be sure to serve them with the big meal, or they'll be gone before dinner time. And consider making extra to turn leftovers into delicious next-day sandwiches.
- Prep Time:
- 10 mins
- Total Time:
- 3 hrs 15 mins
- 1 1/2 c.
whole milk, warmed to 100°-110°
- 2 1/4 tsp.
active dry yeast
- 4 c.
all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 1/4 tsp.
- 2 tsp.
- 10 tbsp.
unsalted butter, 5 tbsp. cubed and warmed to room temperature, 5 tbsp. melted, divided
Cooking spray, for pan
- 1/3 c.
- 3 c.
Happy Farms Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
Freshly ground black pepper
Flaky sea salt
- Step 1In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine warmed milk and yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes until bubbly and foamy. Add flour, kosher salt, and sugar. Beat on low until combined, then add room temperature cubed butter and increase speed to medium. Continue to beat until dough is smooth and butter is well incorporated, about 10 minutes.
- Step 2Grease a large bowl with cooking spray. Form the dough into a ball and transfer to prepared bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel and let rise in a warm spot until dough has doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Step 3Grease a 9"-x-13" baking dish with cooking spray. Lightly dust a work surface with flour, then turn dough out onto a work surface and roll into a 12" square. Brush dough with some of the melted butter and sprinkle evenly with scallions and half of the Happy Farms Shredded Cheddar Cheese. Fold dough in half, then roll out into another 12" square. Brush dough with more butter and sprinkle with remaining scallions and cheese. Fold in half again.
- Step 4Roll dough into a 12"-x-16" rectangle. Cut lengthwise into 4 equal strips and crosswise into 8 strips, creating 32 smaller rectangles. Fold each rectangle in half, and place in prepared baking pan; overlapping slightly, you should be able to fit 8 across, and 4 down. Brush tops generously with remaining butter and sprinkle with pepper and flaky sea salt. Cover baking dish with plastic wrap and let rolls rise until almost doubled in size and dough does not spring back when pressed with a finger, about 1 hour more.
- Step 5Preheat oven to 350°. Bake rolls until cooked through and golden brown on top, 30 to 35 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Stone Fruit and Berry Galette
Hot-Air Balloon Cookie Pops
60 Easy July 4th Recipes for a Tasty Celebration
20 Best 4th of July Menu Ideas for Every Crowd