You can cook the pasta and green beans in one pot to make this fast dish.
- 4 serving(s)
- Total Time:
- 25 mins
- 12 oz. penne pasta
- 8 oz. green beans, trimmed and halved
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tbsp. half-and-half
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- 1 oz. Parmesan, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Step 1Cook pasta per package directions, adding green beans to the pot during the last minute. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water; drain, then return pasta and green beans to pot.
- Step 2Meanwhile, in a large skillet on medium, cook bacon until crisp, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate and break into pieces when cool. Discard all but 1 Tbsp bacon drippings and return pan to medium.
- Step 3 Cook chicken until golden brown and cooked through, tossing once, 6 to 8 minutes; remove from heat and toss with lemon juice. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolk and half-and-half. Toss egg mixture with pasta and green beans, then fold in chicken, spinach, Parmesan, and 1/4 cup pasta water, tossing to coat and adding more pasta water if needed. Fold in scallions and top with bacon.
PER SERVING 570 CALORIES, 13 G FAT (5 G SATURATED), 43 G PROTEIN, 355 MG SODIUM, 70 G CARB, 5 G FIBER
103 Light Dinners That Your Family Will Love
30 Best Soup Recipes for Every Season
50 Romantic Dinner Ideas for Two at Home
20 Kid-Friendly Vegan Dinner Ideas