Looking forward to your upcoming vacation? While preparing for your getaway, you're likely paying close attention to the weather of your destination while making a mental checklist of all the things you want to pack. Perhaps you're also taking note of all the sights you hope to see and excursions you plan to partake in, all in hopes of creating wonderful memories and snapping some really stunning pictures to treasure long after your trip is over. If that's the case, you're bound to be on the hunt for Instagram travel captions. After all, what better way to commemorate a vacation than with a caption that speaks to the joys of going on an adventure?
While some travel Instagram captions can work for vacations of all kinds, others are specifically geared toward an activity or the type of vacation you're going on, whether it's camping, going to the beach, or traveling abroad. With that in mind, we rounded up 35 unique travel captions to ensure you have plenty of options when posting your vacay memories. Whether you're traveling to a place you can visit without a passport or planning the ultimate international girls' trip, ahead you'll find all the inspiration you need to post the picture(s) already.
Best Travel Captions for Anyone
- Better than my wildest dreams.
- Vacation mode: on.
- An adventure a day keeps the doctor away.
- Keep calm and travel on.
- Always say yes to new adventures.
- Incurable wanderlust.
- I’ve found my happy place.
- I do believe it’s time for another adventure.
- OOO for the foreseeable future.
- Already dreaming of my next vacation.
- Left my heart in [insert city here].
Philosophical Travel Captions
- Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.
- Collect moments, not things.
- The best things happen outside of our comfort zones.
- Don't be a tourist, be a traveler.
- Better to see something once than hear about it a thousand times.
- I have not been everywhere yet, but it’s on my list.
- The only trip you will regret is the one you didn’t take.
Funny Travel Captions
- Catch flights, not feelings.
- It’s bad manners to keep a vacation waiting.
- "I hate traveling," said no traveler ever.
- Be back never.
- "Jet lag is for amateurs." — Dick Clark
- I want someone to look at me the way I look at a travel brochure.
- In a relationship with: my passport.
- Maybe you can’t buy happiness, but you can buy plane tickets (and that's kind of the same thing).
- I follow my heart … and it usually leads me to the airport.
Travel Captions for Backpackers and Campers
- Let’s wander where the wi-fi is weak.
- Always take the scenic route.
- You can take your five-star hotel. I’ve got a million stars in the sky here.
- On the road again.
European Vacation Travel Captions
- Bon voyage!
- Eating my way through Italy [or insert country here].
Beach Travel Captions
- High tides and good vibes.
- Salt in the air. Sand in my hair.
Rebecca Ravee Norris is a full-time freelance writer with a decade's worth of lifestyle media experience. Based out of the Washington metropolitan area, she writes for a variety of publications, covering everything from beauty and wellness to style and celebrity news. She is a graduate of George Mason University. There, she earned her B.A. in Media: Production, Consumption, and Critique, along with a minor in Electronic Journalism. When she's not working, she can be found with her beloved Jack-Chi, Cash, adventuring with family and friends, working through reps at the gym, dreaming up her next home decor project, testing a new recipe, getting lost in the pages of a book, or catching up on her favorite shows.